Have you heard of the Texarkana Animal League? It’s a 501c3 nonprofit that offers community assistance through three programs: Foster Care, a Low Income Spay/Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP), and a Rescue Assistance program for local rescues.
Along with helping in the community, TAL still works as the support arm for the city-run animal facility by providing the vaccinations for all the animals housed in the shelter.
The TAL recently opened at 5820 Richmond Road and is in desperate need of donations and volunteers, and we’re teaming up with them to help! They’re entirely volunteer-run, so if you’re interested in volunteering, visit their website to fill out an application.
If you’re interested in donating (and we hope you are!), you can donate funds via their website OR drop off any of the items below at Dot’s Ace Hardware at 3411 Richmond Road. We’ll make sure they get your donated items!
Here’s what they need:
- Adult Under Pads
- True Chews
- Pill Pockets
- Purina Pro Plan dry dog food
- Iams Smart Puppy dry dog food
- Royal Canin dental dog food, large bite
- Milkbone dog treats, small
- Cow hooves for chew toys
- Simply Nourish Salmon Recipe cat food
- Good Natured Adult Cat Food – Salmon and Barley
- Royal Canin Baby Cat cans of moist food and Royal Canin Baby Cat dry food
- Thick plastic food bowls
- Small washable bath mats 20×30
- Fleece pet bed and crate mat, 18 inch
- Dog toys
- Cat toys
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- 409 All-Purpose Cleaner
- Lysol Liquid Disinfecting Cleaner
- Dishwashing Liquid – Blue Dawn
- ALL Free liquid laundry detergent
- Baking soda – bulk size
- Oxy Clean
- Disinfectant wipes
- Kitchen or 13-gallon trash can liners
- Glade or Lysol Citrus or Fresh Automatic air freshener refills
- Letter-size copy paper
- Forever Stamps
- Light bulbs
Whether you donate your time, money, or any of the items listed above, the Texarkana Animal League (and all of our furry friends) will greatly appreciate the help!