If you’ve been in our store, or even just driven by, chances are that you’ve heard or seen mention of something called a “Big Green Egg.” But what is that? And why are we always talking about it?
The Big Green Egg is a grill. Well, it’s more than just a grill, but we’ll get to that in a minute. We carry a variety of sizes and types of grills in our store, but the Big Green Egg is our favorite for a lot of reasons (we’re also home to the largest selection of BGE products in Texarkana as a platinum dealer, no big deal 😉
So what’s so great about this grill? Here are our top five reasons for loving the Big Green Egg:
1. Versatility – it’s like a grill and oven in one. Grill, roast, bake, smoke, you can do it all in the Big Green Egg. Check out the “EGGhead” forum online for stories and recipes of people making anything from smoked brisket and burgers to baking pizza, cobblers, and breads. It’s a great resource for anyone new to the Egg, or not.
2. Cooks food evenly. There are all kinds of attachments and accessories made just for the BGE, like the “conveggtor” ceramic insert, which converts your BGE into an outdoor convection oven for indirect heat cooking, perfect for a pizza or your favorite “low and slow” barbecue.
3. Lots of temperature control. The Big Green Egg gives you control to keep temperatures low, like for smoking meats, or as high as 600 degrees and up, for quickly searing steaks like high-end restaurants do. Plus, it can hold heat for a loooong time, without needing more charcoal.
4. Lots of fun accessories & a built-in community. The conveggtor? Yeah, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are all kinds of other “eggcessories” that give you opportunities to try new things. Plus, the EGGhead community we mentioned above is full of stories, tips and tricks, spice and rub suggestions, recipes, videos and more, which lessens the learning curve and helps take the BGE from hobby to lifestyle.
5. It’s a worthwhile investment. The Big Green Egg is awesome for anyone who loves to cook. Because of its versatility, you will find something you like to make on it, even if typical grill fare isn’t your thing. The Big Green Egg is sturdily made, so it lasts a long time, and if you have an issue we will help you with the warranty process to get it fixed. And in a state like Texas, where we can grill year-round, we know you will get a lot of use out of your Big Green Egg.
Intrigued? Want to learn more, see more, and taste food actually cooked on the BGE? Join us for EggFest 2017 on March 25. You can learn more & get your tickets here.
We also offer cooking classes once a month, generally focused on the Big Green Egg, so keep your eyes peeled for your next chance to attend!